Creative Arts Director - Summer 2021
At Pocono Springs, we staff our camp with outstanding people who are dedicated to working with children and creating an atmosphere of family, spirit, and excitement. If you have a passion for life and a desire to impact the lives of children by helping them be their best selves and to also grow as an individual yourself, Pocono Springs is the right place for you. Being a camp counselor is not only one of the most important and rewarding jobs you will ever have — it’s the hardest job that you will ever love!
At Pocono Springs our Creative Arts program includes but is not limited to Arts & Crafts, Ceramics, Jewelry Making, Painting & Drawing, Cartooning, Print Making and Sculpture. Our Creative Arts Director will also assist in the creation of the sets for our Theater Production, as well as various different projects to help bring special events alive throughout the summer at camp.
The Creative Arts Director:
- Is a member of our "Leadership Team" that helps to run our summer program, guide our staff and provide our campers with the best experience possible. They do not live in cabin with campers.
- Leads, supervises and maintains the Creative Arts Department throughout the five weeks of camp + Orientation.
- Provides staff training and facilitates curriculum planning during Staff Orientation.
- Ensures supplies and equipment are inventoried, maintained, well taken care of and repaired when needed.
- Requires high level of expertise, experience making lesson plans, supervising / guiding 5-6 staff.
- Must have formal experience in the activity area, strong organizational skills, be a self-starter and above all, creative!
- You will be instructing children ages 7-16 at all ability levels.
Approximate Salary includes Room & Board, Meals, Laundry Services, and Uniforms is $2600 for employment from June 15th to July 31st. Salary based on experience level.
*COVID-19: We have been, and will continue to, work diligently on creating our Covid-19 plan to ensure all members of our community stay healthy and safe throughout the camp season.*