Sr. Technical Recruiter
Role: Senior Technical Recruiter
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Reports To: Head of Talent Acquisition
Hippo is modernizing home insurance by putting customers at the center of everything we do. Using innovative technology and a data-driven approach, we strive to provide homeowners with the best policies, best value, and best customer service in the industry. And as if that isn’t enough, it’s really just the beginning. Hippo’s true ambition lies in helping prevent people from experiencing problems with their homes to begin with. Because, at the end of the day, the best home insurance policy is the one you never have to use.
About This Role:
In this critical and highly visible role, you’ll be responsible for full cycle recruiting including sourcing, driving candidate pipeline, branding Hippo as the employer of choice, and partnering with hiring managers for our tech and product organizations. You’ll also have the freedom to develop new initiatives and roll out new programs internally.
You thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, agile, fun environment where you can execute and deliver as a thought partner to your hiring team and hiring managers. You have a strong track record recruiting for technical roles in competitive markets, and are unafraid to innovate and push the boundaries of recruitment practices to bring great talent into Hippo. Your candidates are always top of mind and you are driven to provide a world class experience to each and every one of them. Watching the professional growth and success of candidates you have recruited gets you out of bed in the morning!
- Own the strategy to recruit a range of candidates in limited talent pools by driving a business plan, building key competitive research, developing industry profiles, networking, and direct sourcing
- Engage and partner with business leaders in order to understand their talent needs
- Source and screen the best candidates and then coordinate the interview process, and closing of candidates for assigned roles
- Network and maintain relationships with key talent communities
- Be passionate and knowledgeable about our business and committed to our mission
- Maintain knowledge of top competitors and the industry
- Use talent market expertise, data, and business acumen to educate and influence hiring managers on how to identify and acquire the best talent
- At least 5 years’ experience in full cycle technical recruiting
- Excellent business partnership skills and experience working with hiring managers, ensuring a positive candidate experience, constructing offers, and closing candidates
- Knowledge of innovative sourcing methodologies and non-traditional channels to find new candidates
- The ability to work effectively in high pressure situations and come up with a creative way of hitting targets
- Familiarity with Greenhouse, LinkedIn, referral programs, etc.
- Experience building competitive employment brands through internal and external channels
- Self-motivated and directed; ability to collaborate is a must, but you will be autonomous and expected to succeed without heavy direction
- Strong intellectual curiosity and a desire to understand the business
- Flexible and willing to do what is needed to get great work done
- A natural inclination to work within a culture that is fast-paced and dynamic
- Ability to combine business acumen with strong influencing skills to advise and coach hiring partners
- Background in recruiting, sourcing, and/or HR required
- Bachelor’s degree required
Compensation and Perks:
- Healthy Hippos Benefits- 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision plan options for our team members AND their families (yes, you read that correctly). As well as 401K, long & short term disability, EAP and flexible spending accounts.
- Flexible Paid Time Off- Uncapped PTO (with manager approval)
- Little Hippos Program- We reimburse our team members up to $25k for adoption costs and up to $50k for infertility treatments. Plus, we offer 12 weeks parental leave for primary caregivers and 6 weeks for secondary caregivers.
- Hippo Habitat- Fun offices located in downtown Palo Alto, less than a 5 minute walk from Caltrain. We also offer commuter benefits including free parking pass. Stocked kitchen and BBQ Friday’s for all
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Hippo’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippo’s People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.