Behavioral Specialists will work with campers age 7-16, staff, and parents to assist and coordinate care for campers and staff who need extra support for homesickness, behavioral or mental health issues.
Provide in-depth assessments of campers who require extra support while reporting to the Health Center Administrator and Camp Director, and providing the Head Counselors and Group Leaders with recommendations of extra support as needed.
Other duties would include;
- Providing support to assist camp staff and counselors in working with campers who need additional or advanced support.
- Working and consulting with parents, outside counselors, doctors, etc to provide a safe and accepting environment for campers.
- Provide behavioral interventions and support for campers needing assistance outside of the camp staff and counselors comfort level.
- Provide support to staff as needed.
- On occasion you are also responsible for contacting families about camper physical and mental health issues.
Our Behavioral Specialists, while working within their medical limit of expertise, may be required to assist the nursing staff responsible for the preliminary evaluation of symptoms, complaints, and injuries, providing support and consulting when needed, while providing assistance and support with treatment and follow-up based on each medical situation. working within their medical limit of expertise