Landside Service Supervisor - Denver International Airport
Denver International Airport (DEN) is the third-busiest airport in the United States and one of the top ten busiest airports in the world, connecting our community globally through flight and business. DEN is the primary economic engine for the state of Colorado, generating more than $33 billion for the region annually and employing nearly 30,000 people. At DEN, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. We celebrate individuality and uplift all races, ethnicities, gender identities, national origins, ages, abilities, religion, and LGBTQIA+ communities. We know that our diversity makes us stronger, and we strive to keep diversity, equity and inclusion at the center of all that we do.
Denver International Airport (DEN) is currently looking for a Landside Service Supervisor to join our Parking Section of Landside Services. This position requires flexibility with scheduling as Parking and Transportation is a 24/7 operation. Schedules are not guaranteed, and shifts can range from 6:00am to 12:00am.
In this role you will supervise nine employees who ensure safe and efficient flow of people using airport parking facilities by monitoring contract compliance of commercial carriers and parking contractors, providing airport passengers and employees with assistance on the availability of ground transportation and parking options, inspection of the airport facilities, and issuing citations for violations.
Additionally, as a Landside Parking Supervisor you can expect to:
- Supervise the work of Landside employees engaged in providing parking service to airport passengers, employees, and the general public.
- Act as liaisons with contractors responsible for parking services. Attends regular meetings with contractors to facilitate communication that identifies and resolves operational issues.
- Issue parking citations and/or tows and completes citations investigations as requested by Manager of Safety.
- Represent organization at the Incident Command Center (ICC) during airport incidents and emergencies that require coordination of efforts by the entire airport.
- Research, compile facts, and makes recommendations for items purchased by the organization, requisitions materials, supplies, and replacement parts. Monitors inventory of materials and supplies and assists with surplus of equipment and furniture.
- Address problems with the AVI System and coordinates repairs with the maintenance contract holder as necessary.
- Develop or modifies work plans, methods and procedures, determines work priorities and develops work schedules to provide adequate staff coverage.
- Assists employees with difficult and/or unusual assignments; encourages innovation. Assigns and distributes work, reviews work for accuracy and completeness and returns assignments with recommendations for proper completion.
- Conduct hiring interviews and selects candidate(s) for job opening(s).
- Resolve problems encountered during daily operations and determines appropriate solutions; promotes teamwork. Encourages regular communication, informs staff of relevant business issues and their impact on the organization.
- Develop the performance enhancement plan, documents performance, provides performance feedback and formally evaluates the work of the employee; provides reward and recognition for proper and efficient performance. Develops and implements training and development plans and opportunities for subordinate staff.
- Document causes for disciplinary action and initiates letters of reprimand and makes formal recommendations for disciplinary action. Responds to formal and informal employee grievances and prepares written responses.
- Participate in planning and managing budget systems; prepares and presents budget recommendations to higher management; adjusts work plans/activities as a result of budget changes.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Our ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Four years’ experience i.e. Landside Service Agent II performing contract monitoring, inspection, or customer service work requiring the effective interpretation and explanation of rules, codes, regulations, and procedures.
- At least three years of previous supervisory experience supervising a dynamic team in a fast-paced environment and supporting contractors as well as outside vendors.
- Strong leadership skills to include change management, time management, multitasking, interpersonal communication skills.
- Administrative experience is strongly recommended, to include Microsoft office suites and computer skills.
- Must be flexible, dependable, adaptable and supportive to changes within the operation.
- Willing and able to work in the ever-changing elements of Colorado.
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education: Graduation from high school or the possession of a GED, HiSET or TASC Certificate.
- Experience: Three years experience of the type and at the level of a Landside Customer Service Agent II.
- Equivalency: Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements.
- License: This job requires driving. Requires valid Driver's License at the time of application. By position, required to obtain a Special Police Officer certification from the Manager of Safety's Office. This certification is required in accordance with the City Charter and the Denver Revised Municipal Code. Failure to obtain the certification will result in withdrawal of the offer of the position or end probation status. Licenses and certifications must be kept current as a condition of employment
FBI Background Check: FBI criminal background check is required for all positions at Denver International Airport (DEN). Employees are also required to report any felony convictions and/or moving violations to maintain this clearance and be eligible for continued employment. By position, a pre-employment physical/drug test may be required.
Snow / Emergency Duties: Denver International Airport is a 24/7/365 team operation. If weather conditions warrant or an emergency crisis occurs, all DEN employees can be required to work extended hours and/or shifts.