Billing Project Manager – Utilities – Department of Transportation & Infrastructure
The Department of Transportation and Infrastructure (DOTI), through its employees, enhances the quality of life in Denver by efficiently delivering effective, high quality, safe and equitable public infrastructure and services, including transportation planning, design and construction; major projects, maintenance of streets, bridges and storm and sanitary sewers; residential trash, recycling and compost collection; and oversight and regulation of use of the public right-of-way including on-street parking. We employ a culture of safety throughout the department to strengthen workplace health and organizational performance.
For more information, please visit www.denvergov.org/DOTI
DOTI Utilities is looking for a certified PM to document and coordinate resources for the acquisition and implementation of a billing system to encompass current and future invoicing, work order tracking, and payment processing for Wastewater and Solid Waste. The position would report to the manager of Wastewater customer service but would work for the benefit of both utilities. Job duties and responsibilities of this position also include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Collaborate with diverse groups including both technical and business users
- Create and maintain detailed project plans in concert with TS and the software vendor
- Provide accountability among all stakeholders
- Document/track project milestones
- Ensure that all responsible parties meet deadlines for deliverables
- DOTI Customer Service (Wastewater/Solid Waste) - Primary users of the new billing system. Most of the data conversions come from their current billing systems. They will also be engaged in change management and customer communications regarding changes before they roll out.
- DOTI Accounting – Processes customer payments, liens, and reconciliations between the billing system and the general ledger system.
- Department of Finance – Oversees the City’s payment processes, including managing bank contracts and ensuring compliance with City and banking industry rules
- Technology Services – Oversees the technical components of the project.
- Denver Water – Currently houses much of the data that will be converted to the new billing system. They will also provide ongoing meter reads.
- Vendors/contractors – Providers of the billing system
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent communication skills
- Extensive software experience; specifically, MS Project
- Experience with data conversions and testing
- The ability to work under tight deadlines
- Detail oriented
- Experience with database administration and reporting tools
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education requirement: Bachelor's Degree in Business, Management, Public Administration, or a related field.
- Experience Requirement: Two (2) years of professional project management experience in the related occupational group including coordinating, administering, and monitoring projects.
- Education/Experience Equivalency: One (1) year of the appropriate type and level of experience may be substituted for each required year of post-high school education.
- Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements.
- License/Certifications: Requires a valid Driver's License at the time of application.
- Licenses and certifications must be kept current as a condition of employment.