Business Development Manager - Economic Development
Join ur small but dynamic team to advocate for the economic welfare of Colorado's Grand Valley! The Business Development Manager supports our mission of creating primary jobs and incentivizing capital investment by converting qualified prospects into business expansions/relocations. This position reports to our Executive Director and primarily provides support services to clients interested in relocating/expanding to Colorado’s Grand Valley.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Prospect Generation and Recruitment
- Interact with GJEP clients to determine needs in prospect recruitment process. Identify and resolve problems and issues.
- Provide support services to clients including: research, sales and promotion, relationship development, resource identification and provision.
- Assist the Executive Director in the development of innovative strategies to generate interest in the community and thereby new prospects from primary businesses.
- Support the Executive Director as liaison between clients, the community and its organizations and resources.
- Provide research, organize data and prepare reports and proposals related to prospect/client recruitment. Prepare and update presentations for clients.
- Maintain familiarity with inventory of available commercial and industrial real estate.
- Organize, plan and host prospect visits to the community.
- Oversee client records. Provide reports on prospects to Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Provide system and reports for quantifying prospects/relocations results, as well as trends in site selection.
- Occasional travel is required.
- Assist with event production for annual economic development conference and other events or tradeshows as needed.
Community Leadership and Public Relations
- Ensure GJEP, its mission, programs and services are consistently presented in a strong and positive manner to its stakeholders, the community and the media.
- Serve as a resource on economic development-related matters for other organizations, governments and the public. Educate and communicate on issues critical to economic development.
- Establish, develop and maintain strong working relationships with other organizations, governments and the media.
A qualified candidate is currently serving in a comparable position, although consideration will also be afforded to candidates with experience in sales, economic development, project management, commercial real estate, commercial banking and private industry where research and marketing has been a large portion of the job duties. A four-year degree is required.
Although not required, the ideal candidate has experience in the technology and/or aerospace industry and is comfortable using Microsoft, Outlook, Salesforce and Proteus.
Must be a passionate advocate for Colorado’s Grand Valley and the mission of GJEP. Must possess excellent communication skills. Must possess the ability to develop effective and meaningful relationships with prospects, as well as other stakeholders and community partners. Must possess a high level of energy and drive, a “make things happen” personality, and be achievement-oriented. Must possess a personal value system that matches the values and the culture of GJEP, including high integrity, a commitment to quality, a sense of mission and a solid work ethic.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by 5 p.m. on June 25, 2021.