Infrastructure Program Manager - Disaster Recovery
Apply to join a growing team making a direct impact for a stronger Nebraska! The Disaster Recovery Division helps drive strategic investments in long-term recovery and promotes increased resilience for our communities. The Disaster Recovery Infrastructure Program Manager will work as a part of a team whose primary mission is in support of and assistance to communities affected by federally declared disasters, such as the 2019 flooding events. This position supplies comprehensive grant management services to communities with a focus on infrastructure impacts. If you have prior experience working in program design and compliance in the disaster recovery or community development sector, we need you on our team! At the Department of Economic Development, we offer a dynamic environment committed to professional development and living the good life.
We offer an excellent total compensation package including: 12 paid holidays; vacation and sick leave; 156% state-matched retirement plan; health, dental, vision, and life insurance options!; and a tuition reimbursement program. We also a qualifying employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program. All applicants should provide a writing sample that demonstrates their knowledge, skills, experience, and/or interest in the position. This may include a cover letter or other document prepared in a professional setting.
Examples of Work:
• Assist in the development of written products and tools for policies and procedures, program implementation, and design.
• Deliver technical assistance to support projects funded by programs as proposed in the state's CDBG-DR Action Plan.
• Collaborate and maintain relationships with other departments, government partners, community organizations, and private sector stakeholders to deliver housing projects and programs.
• Provide grant management from application to closeout, including oversight, monitoring, data management, and reporting for compliance.
• Understand state and federal regulations (e.g., HUD, CDBG-DR, cross-cutting federal requirements, duplication of benefits, etc.).
• Assist in providing subject matter expertise in labor standards.
• Assist in telling the story of disaster recovery, including documentation of program successes and required program reporting.
• Evaluate overall effectiveness of infrastructure projects and programs and recommend improvements.
• Other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor's degree in economics, business, public administration, community or regional planning, marketing or a related field, and three years related experience. Experience in a related field may substitute for education on a year for year basis.
PREFERRED: Experience with strategy and project management; disaster recovery, community development, housing support services or programs, emergency management, or social services and case management. Experience with federal program administration including strategy, planning, program design, program management, data analysis, monitoring and compliance, and/or financial and grants management. Law or Master's Degree pertinent to the above.
OTHER: Regular and reliable attendance, a valid driver's license.