Human Resources Analyst
The Boulder County Human Resources Department is committed to providing the best in public service. Our team of solutions-focused human resources professionals serves Boulder County's most valuable asset, our employees, by providing services to attract, develop, motivate and retain a diverse workforce. We provide a positive, creative, and fun place to work!
Human Resources is hiring three (3) Human Resources Analysts. There are two (2) full-time equivalent positions and also one (1) two-year term position. One analyst will mainly support the recruitment functions for the county, one will provide expertise in employee relations, and one will be a generalist who supports liaison departments along with other liaisons in the HR team. The generalist is also the two-year term position.
The ideal candidates will thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, and fun environment and embody the HR Department's transparency, flexibility, and innovation values. We aim to provide superior customer service to multicultural employees, offices, and departments of Boulder County government. If you are committed to advancing strategic priorities, have the unique ability to make sound decisions, are an excellent listener and writer, and navigate multiple computer technologies and systems, this position might be for you. Excellent communication, sound data analytical skills, innovative thinking, and an understanding and appreciation of the benefits that diversity and inclusion bring to an organization and those it serves, are also integral attributes.
This Human Resources Analyst will have an important role in supporting departments under the direction of a human resources manager in compensation and reorganization analysis, discipline and complaint, inclusive hiring practices and laws, reporting, survey analysis, special projects, and more.
These are full-time, benefited positions with Boulder County. Work hours are generally Monday through Thursday, from 7:00 am to 5:30 pm, with the opportunity to change hours slightly after successful completion of a nine-month introductory period. *Please note that we are currently working mostly remotely (from home) with the expectation of attending in-person meetings/office time out of Boulder, CO. Under FLSA guidelines, this position is exempt from overtime. Boulder County requires its employees to reside in the state of Colorado as of the first day of work.
Hiring Salary Range: $57,324 -$64,603 Annually
Classification Salary Range: $57,324 - $82,548.00 Annually
- Videoconference Interviews
- 1st Round Interviews: August 2nd
- 2nd Round Interviews: August 4th and/or 5th
- Testing: (Bilingual, MS Office, Writing Sample): Week of August 2nd
Examples of Duties
- May support department employees and supervisors with employee relations processes
- Participates in interview panels and guides hiring managers in the inclusive hiring process
- May teach and guide supervisors in the process from recruitment to onboarding of new employees
- Provides technical Human Resources assistance to applicants, employees, and the general public
- May perform job audits and make classification recommendations to HR managers
- Utilizes data analysis and Excel skills to make data understandable and actionable
- May conduct analysis for hiring requests, salary comparisons, and salary equity for promotions, reclassifications, and transfers
- May assist with disciplinary review, including editing disciplinary documents and coordinating data collection as well as review and recommend personnel actions in the areas of hiring, discipline, and termination
- Completes special projects
- Performs related duties, as required
- May be reassigned in emergency situations
Each of these three positions may have an emphasis on one or more HR functions in the areas of recruitment, employee relations, or generalist. Please indicate your preference for these three functional areas of human resources in the supplemental question section.
PLEASE NOTE: When submitting your application be sure to include all relevant education and experience, as applications are screened based on the qualifications listed in this position announcement. Applications that do not appear to meet minimum qualifications, as outlined below, will not be considered. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of completed applications.
Please be aware that your cover letter and resume will not be accessed in the initial screening process, so you must complete your application and supplemental questions with as much detail as possible. Any personally identifiable information (PII) such as name and address will be redacted from applications that meet the minimum screening requirements and are forwarded to the hiring manager. If the hiring manager selects you to advance in the hiring process, your cover letter and resume will then be accessible to the hiring team.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Boulder County is looking for well-qualified candidates to fill our positions. This position requires a minimum of 6 years of experience in Human Resources areas of employee relations, onboarding, HRIS systems, in addition to a high school diploma or equivalent. Relevant post-secondary education may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
A job offer is contingent on passing a criminal background investigation.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: (preferred) (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) Applicants must demonstrate proficiency at the time of the pre-employment screening process.
- Bilingual skills: (preferred) Applicants must demonstrate fluency at the time of the pre-employment screening process. Spanish language proficiency will be determined through standardized demonstration and written and oral testing.
- Written communication skills: (preferred) Applicants are asked to attach a written writing sample that will be scored for grammar and clarity. Instructions for the writing sample are defined in the supplemental question.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Accountability and dependability are critical. Thorough knowledge of the principles, methods, and practices of human resources management including pertinent employment laws.
- Ability to effectively develop and sustain cooperative and collaborative working relationships, demonstrating sound judgment, diplomacy, and tact including the ability to effectively work with multiple cultures in the workplace.
- Demonstrated skill in fostering effective and strategic relationships with diverse stakeholders
- Demonstrated skill in active listening, appreciative inquiry, and process management
- Strong technical still in utilizing data from multiple systems to make sound decisions, including strong Excel skills
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and data presentation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including strong editing ability
- Ability to sit/stand for long periods
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
Boulder County is a family-friendly workplace dedicated to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and respectful environment for all employees. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants and employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.