Senior Administrative Assistant
Position Summary: This position is responsible to maintain an accurate database recording individual inmate disciplinary actions and provide administrative support to the Disciplinary Coordinator in the management of an average of 6,000 cases of inmate rule violations annually.
Job Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Assembles required case documents for the Class I, II and III disciplinary offenses in a timely manner, which insures that the Hearing Officer is able to comply with the schedules, required by regulations. Prepares daily docket, prepares inmate summons, copies all summons'. Tracks and maintains via Excel all long term continuances.
- Collects evidence daily from evidence lockers and manually logs items into the evidence room. Logs all information regarding evidence into Evidence Database, using all relevant information provided. Photograph all evidence for use in the Disciplinary hearing and assigns appropriate case numbers to images. Disposes of evidence after completion of hearing based on disposition of hearing, with the exception of narcotics and cell phones which are held until EAI approves destructions, donation or return of property to A&D.
- Maintains and updates records of individuals receiving disciplinary reports, utilizing the OMIS database program in the computer in order to track the progress. Generates monthly and special reports from the database. Enters all data from disciplinary reports received on a daily basis to include summary judgements and the sanctions from summary judgment. Reviews Disciplinary Reports for errors in information and appropriateness of charges per guidelines from Kansas Administrative Regulations. prepares a letter for the inmate and Captain's Office to correct errors found. Accuracy of information is important in order to maintain the proper custody level and incentive level for inmates.
- Maintains official log of inmate disciplinary cases which includes case number, inmate information, writing officer and serving officer. Maintains all administrative files for the section. Monitors Captain's log for duplication of numbers assigned as well as set-up and prepare logs for the Captain's Office.
- Copies dispositions to include testimony taken in disciplinary cases. Forwards dispositions to inmates to allow them to appal their convictions or sentences. Maintains file copy along with testimony until the disposition is signed by the inmate and Unit Team and returned to Office of the Disciplinary Administrator. Verifies information to assure that the allowable sanctions match the charges per Kansas Administrative Regulations.
- Logs in disciplinary cases signed by the Warden and others into OMIS to insure accurate accountability of disciplinary cases and to determine the stage of the disciplinary case. The information becomes part of the lifetime incarceration record for the inmate and is accessible by all KDOC facilities.