Fall 2021 Internship
The Raben Group is a public policy, strategic communications and organizational consulting firm. We were founded with a lofty goal and an audacious spirit: to make our nation greater by helping to shift public policy in a sensible, humane direction. We work intimately with policymakers and influencers in the nonprofit, corporate, foundation, and government sectors to identify shared interests, forge new connections, tackle our country’s most intractable problems, and uplift new generations of leaders and activists.
Now 100+ strong with offices across the country, we are proudly majority people of color, majority women, and significantly LGBTQ+, all of which affords us a unique perspective on public policy, and imbues us with the fierce urgency of now – we know why this work matters. Spending any time with us, you quickly learn we value smarts, creativity, and audaciousness in our work, and for us, a sense of humor is a contractual must. Please learn more about Raben at rabengroup.com.
What We Need:
We are seeking an Intern to support The Raben Group’s client teams and engagements. Our internship offers students and recent graduates a blended learning opportunity, combining exposure to client services with the training required to navigate the progressive public policy, communications, issue campaigns, or government affairs spaces.
Strong candidates must have contextual knowledge, strong critical thinking abilities, the desire to develop, and the tactical skills to advance the strategic mission and vision of The Raben Group and further the development and success of our firm. Our successful internship candidate will have a high degree of initiative, personal resilience, attention to detail, intellectual engagement in the subject matter at hand, and a concierge-like approach to client services.
To apply for our Fall 2021 internship, please submit the materials below for consideration. We are not able to evaluate incomplete applications or resumes received through other channels at this time:
- Resume indicating your work/educational experience, background, major, your undergraduate and/or graduate institution.
- Cover letter explaining your interest in Raben, your academic or professional background, number of hours you are available to work during the week, and the practice area you wish to apply to (i.e. Media and Communications, Government Affairs, or Issue Campaigns).
- 2-4 writing and/or work samples
- 3 academic or work-related references
Interns are paid a stipend of $1000 per month for our blended learning opportunity. Interns may work remotely or be based in our DC, LA, Bay Area, or El Paso offices.
- Interns must have the availability to work 25-30 hours per week, Monday-Friday, for the duration of the internship. We are not able to offer a more reduced part-time schedule for our fall internship program.
- Writing and Content Development: Draft and/or edit press releases, opinion editorials, media advisories, website and social media content, reports, memos, surveys, presentations, and other public relations content and collateral.
- Event Management: Assist in the planning, coordination, and staffing of media events, convenings, conference calls, trainings, panels, etc., including venue logistics, registrations, and on-site support. Build awareness and excitement around client events and engagements.
- Strong interest in progressive issue areas, public policy, and client services.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Raben Group finds it quite natural to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, living the values of diversity and inclusiveness in everything we do.