Recovery Court interns are active members of the team and serve important functions in the operation of the program. Individual responsibilities will vary based on students' interests. Each student will work with the Program Coordinator to determine their responsibilities throughout the internship. For all interns, being agile and willing to step into a variety of tasks when needs arise during court is essential.
Preferred Skills: Expertise in Office 365 (Excel, Forms, Teams, OneNote, and Outlook), experience as a team member, strong communication skills, and a hunger for learning.
All Recovery Court interns will join our Experiential Learning Lab (ELL) for the Fall 2021 semester. ELL is operating in collaboration with UCCS Downtown and the School of Public Affairs.
The internships are composed of three parts:
- Collaboration (Training, Professional Development, and Weekly Planning) from 9am-2pm on Mondays
- Court Experience and Team Engagement with a choice of times (Tuesday-Thursday mornings or Wednesday afternoons)
- Remote Independent Projects (flexible scheduling)
Focus areas for independent projects include, but are not limited to:
- Client intakes and screening
- Community resource referrals and partnership building
- Data collection and analysis
- Procedure and policy development
- Research on various topics