Bilingual Spanish/Special Education Opportunities in SFUSD!
Who We Are
The San Francisco Unified School District (SFUSD) is the seventh largest school district in California, serving more than 57,000 students who speak more than 44 documented languages across 132 schools in the city of San Francisco every year. We aim for every student who attends SFUSD schools to discover his or her spark, along with a strong sense of self and purpose. Our goal is that all students graduate from high school ready for college and career, equipped with the skills, capacities and dispositions outlined in SFUSD’s Graduate Profile. Every day in our quest to achieve this mission we provide each and every student the quality instruction and equitable support required to thrive in the 21st century.
What It Means to Work Here
When you join our team at SFUSD you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused organization that approaches public education as a social justice movement, requiring broad collaboration across an array of strategic partners. In 2014, SFUSD created an inspiring statement, Vision 2025, which captures our aspirations and vision for the future of public education in San Francisco. Alongside the District’s strategic plan, Transform Learning. Transform Lives. SFUSD is reimagining how public education will change over the next decade to meet the dynamic future of San Francisco. As a CORE district, SFUSD is also a leader in critical systems change for more comprehensive school accountability and innovations that help strengthen the instructional core, which is the foundation of our strategic plan and Vision 2025.
Who We Want
We want talented people with diverse backgrounds and experiences, who are inspired by our mission steeped in equity, and who are motivated to unleash our children’s potential. We want people who are strong collaborators, skilled communicators, and problem solvers comfortable in a community of continuous learning.
We have high need for teachers in the following areas:
- Bilingual (Cantonese, Mandarin, Spanish)
- Special Education (Mild/Moderate, Moderate/Severe, Deaf & Hard of Hearing, Early Childhood Special Education)
- Physical Education
SFUSD requires all teachers to hold or be pursuing a valid California teaching credential and an English Learner or Bilingual Authorization. We welcome applications from teachers who have not yet received their credentials, and our Credentials Team is happy to work with each teacher who's accepted a position in SFUSD to apply for permits that allow them to teach while pursuing a credential.
What We Offer
SFUSD is committed to attracting and retaining the best educators in the nation. Benefits of teaching in San Francisco include:
- Competitive salaries determined by experience, education level, and credentials
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental insurance for teachers and their eligible dependents
- City and state programs for housing assistance:
- Teacher Next Door Program: https://sfmohcd.org/teacher-next-door
- MyHome Assistance Program: https://www.calhfa.ca.gov/homebuyer/programs/myhome.htm
- Additional salary stipend of $5000 for National Board Certified teachers
- Additional salary stipend of $2000 for credentialed teachers teaching in high potential schools and a $1000 stipend for teachers teaching hard to fill subject areas
How to Apply
- Go to: https://careers.sfusd.edu/
- Create an account and complete an application.
- Go to the “Current Openings” tab to view and apply for specific openings.
Please check back often to connect your application to specific openings as they are posted. Applicants will be contacted based on the needs of the district. For more information about careers at SFUSD, please visit https://careers.sfusd.edu/. For more information about SFUSD’s mission and Strategic Plan please visit www.sfusd.edu. For other questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.