Account Representative (Non-Territory) - Location Flexible within Northeastern US
DHL was recently rated as the NUMBER TWO EMPLOYER IN THE WORLD!
DHL Express is looking to hire energetic, competitive people to join our sales team as a Account Representative (Non-Territory). This position is created to help launch you into a long-term career in sales with DHL.
This position would be located in the Northeast United States (location flexible!) and would primarily focus on supporting the team to maintain a high level of customer service with existing customers and leveraging those relationships to help expand the business. They will assist in developing new clients by prospecting and responding to leads.
Top performers in this role will eventually move into a territory role. In this position, you would maintain your own book of business and help to build our profitable network!
Key Accountabilities as an Account Representative Non-Territory:
- Provide assistance to members of the sales team with proposals, lead generation, reporting and lead qualification Analyze reports and provide data to support administrative improvement initiatives Create reports based on current data to support management.
- Provide sales support to the team members including, but not limited to tracking shipments for customers, identify records, draft correspondence, resolve customer complaints or issues, prepare presentations, participate in ride-a-longs, update CRM tracking system and other administrative duties
- Online searches and create lead generation initiatives cold calling and profile potential customers actively participate in planning meetings and events for the sales team. Complete assigned projects as needed
Key Accountabilities (once you transition into a territory position):
- Sell profitable new key business within assigned territory by cold calling, cultivating leads and networking
- Make customized presentations to various decision making audiences to close new business
- Maintain and increase revenue streams with current key accounts in a specific territory, to include: face to face visits, problem solving and administrative follow-up
- Master extensive international knowledge of the DHL network and must use company tools, processes and technologies to manage/grow territory and document activity
- Ensure high post-sale satisfaction and positive long-term relationships
- Collaborate with Sales and Operations teams to maximize sales and revenue growth within territory
Key Skills and Requirement:
- Entry level professional contributor
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- Strong negotiation and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Computer Proficiency in Microsoft Excel (additional experience with a CRM system is preferred)
- Successful academic and professional track record with solid achievements, rankings, or awards
- Transportation industry, service solution sales, or international sales experience highly preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.