Lead Emergency Management Specialist (Recovery)
This job will close when we have received 100 applications which may be sooner than the closing date.
In this position, you will serve as a Lead Emergency Management Specialist (Recovery) for Region II.
Typical assignments include:
- Organizing and ensuring unity of effort across recovery coordination work groups
- Identifying resource requirements and capabilities to facilitate long-term recovery
- Supporting Federal Disaster Recovery Officer in production and review of reports and other data for accuracy
- Providing technical assistance and support to long-term recovery implementation
- Serving as a senior advisor to regional recovery staff concerning emergency management policy and procedures
The qualification requirements listed below must be met within 30 days of the closing date of the announcement.
You qualify for this position at the IC-12 level (starting salary$78,778) if you possess the following: One full year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade (IC-11) in the Federal Service. This experience may have been gained in the federal government, a state or local government, a non-profit organization, the private sector, or as a volunteer; however, your resume must clearly describe at least one year of specialized experience. Specialized experience for this position includes:
- Monitoring or overseeing the work of subordinates to prevent duplication of efforts;
- Drafting or implementing emergency management related programs or policies; and
- Communicating or collaborating with external stakeholders to meet program goals.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Your application must show that you meet all requirements for this position. You may be found “not qualified” if you do not possess the minimum competencies required for the position.
SEE JOB POSTING AT: USAJOBS - Job Announcement