Forestry Technician - Recreation
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a Forestry Technician supporting the Recreation Program on a Ranger District of the US Forest Service. Several locations in the Southwest Region of the Forest Service are filling positions including: Happy Jack, AZ, El Rito or Tres Piedras, NM, Penasco, NM and Ruidoso, NM.
- Participate with other resource personnel to develop long-range plans for managing recreation resources within management developed and dispersed recreation sites on the unit.
- Provide recommendations for long-term needs for management of recreation resources.
- Report information about interests of visitors to be used in the development of plans for recreation area maintenance, rehabilitation, and construction projects.
- Carry out and monitor implementation of recreation operation and maintenance plans for developed or dispersed recreation sites.
- Patrol district roads, trails, or waterways to determine whether visitor use is in accordance with recreation plans and regulations and report any issues to supervisor.
- Monitor work done under contracts with standard provisions and interpret provisions for contractors.
- Assist in the implementation of recreation operation and maintenance plans for developed and dispersed recreation sites.
- This position supervises 20% or less at GS-05/06/07 grade levels.
This position is open to:
- Land & base management - Certain current or former term or temporary federal employees of a land or base management agency.
- Career transition (CTAP, ICTAP, RPL) - Federal employees who meet the definition of a "surplus" or "displaced" employee.