Looking for Aspiring Spanish Teachers - The Marshall Teacher Residency
Are you curious about how you can promote diversity and build bridges? A career as a Spanish teacher answers this call. Spanish teachers introduce students to different cultures and nurture a curiosity about the world.
At the Marshall Teacher Residency, we believe student-centered learning is the first step toward more equitable schools. We know that change starts by investing in the training and development of America’s future educators: YOU!
Our next cohort launches in June 2022 and Spanish teachers are in high demand; interested candidates receive priority in admissions. We are looking for individuals who:
- Believe that all students can be successful?
- Want to build meaningful relationships with diverse students?
- Embrace an innovative approach to teaching and learning?
- Commit to learning and growing as an anti-racist educator?
The Marshall Teacher Residency is a one-year teacher preparation program that places hands-on practice, data-driven learning, collaboration, and mentorship at the heart of the Resident experience. Together we learn to lead classrooms as we need them to be - innovative, anti-racist, with students as whole people at the center of the learning experience.
As a Marshall Teacher Resident, you learn by doing:
- Clinical Practice: Four days a week, Residents learn and practice alongside an experienced, middle or high school teacher, engaging students in deeper learning projects, developing student habits and skills, and nurturing a strong classroom community.
- Project-Based Curriculum: One day a week, Residents engage in their own learning experiences and coursework, led by the program faculty, using a project-based curriculum that is competency-based, self-directed, and student-centered. Residents collaborate with a diverse cohort and engage in critical conversations about equity and inclusion.
- Professional Development and Support: Residents receive consistent support from a team of professional educators, working to meet the individual needs of each Resident while building coherence between the coursework and the school site experience.
It is our priority to recruit a diverse cohort of aspiring teachers. People from all backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. Be a part of the next generation of diverse educators, impacting students and shaping the future of education. Apply today!
Summit Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or applicant on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, parenthood, citizenship status, creed, or any other characteristic protected by