Caterpillar takes a system view of the life of our products. We design and manufacture them for multiple lives, our dealers support and service them to maximize their value to the customer, and we remanufacture them at the end of their serviceable life to deliver the next generation of value. Our industry leading engineering and manufacturing expertise, large field population and world class dealer organization make this possible. This total life cycle approach allows us to provide sustainable solutions that help our customers build a better world.
Our Caterpillar Remanufacturing Division currently has an opening for a Manufacturing Engineer (Hot Test) position located in the Corinth, MS facility. This position is expected to function as a specialist with major areas of planning in assembly Engineering. Work assignments may be specialized in nature but may also be broad based with coordination between other staff personnel to complete a larger project.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for making sure the Hot Test process is capable to deliver the required quality, at the required pace while making sure safety is the highest priority.
- Assists in developing department capital and expense budgets.
- Engages in creative problem solving to address operational issues including ergonomic/ safety, efficiency improvements, process bottlenecks, quality concerns.
- Works with internal and external suppliers to develop and manage projects to ensure efficient and cost-effective systems and processes to produce quality products.
- Provides manufacturing technical support in process control and internal certification.
- Adheres to established standards, policies and practices relating to quality, cost reduction, safety, ergonomics, etc. in performing assigned duties.
- Works directly on complex application/technical problem identification and resolution.
- A four-year Technical degree from an accredited college or university or 5+ years engine testing experience preferably Diesel engines.
- Engine performance and hot test process experience
- Hands-on working knowledge of Test software
- Strong documentation skills
- Ability to adapt quickly to a complex environment
- Pro-active, flexible, and creative
- Very strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate with developers and business users.
Top Candidates, will also have:
- High level of analytical thinking and good communication skills
- Experience with test cell infrastructure
- Location of this position is in Corinth, MS
- This position may require less than 10% travel.
- $5,000 sign on bonus offered
- Candidate must apply directly through the Caterpillar website to be considered.
Employee benefit details:
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just an hourly wage, because we value your performance, we offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of annual bonuses.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Check out our Caterpillar Remanufacturing facility by clicking the link below:
Please ensure you frequently sign in to your candidate home for any updates or correspondence for positions that you have applied for. https://cat.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/CaterpillarCareers.
Keep a frequent check on emails as correspondence will be sent to the email that you used to apply with.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as, H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
Relocation assistance is offered for this position.