People Operations Intern
People Operations Intern
The Women’s Bakery, Inc. Overview
The Women’s Bakery (TWB) is a social enterprise that gainfully employs women and provides access to quality breads in East Africa. Our vision is to build a network of women-powered bakeries throughout East Africa. We believe all women are inherently powerful and that when women have access to social and economic opportunity, the world benefits. For us, an empowered woman, by herself, is an outcome worth fighting for. TWB employees are a key aspect of this vision – passionate, driven, and resilient in the process of using business as a tool for social good.
As part of the US-based team, the People Operations Intern (POI) is primarily responsible for assisting in building women-centric, people-first infrastructure through policies, procedures and practices. The POI reports to the Director of Business Management and works alongside Rwandan and US team Members.
This is a 10-15 hour a week virtual position, with a flexible schedule outside of standing weekly check-in and team meeting(s). Pay is $15 an hour.
Roles & Responsibilities
Administrative tasks to support the growth of TWB’s People Operations Department and the human resource needs of the company (document translation, signing of forms, review of up to date team member information)
Support the Director of Business Management in creating, streamlining and rolling out Training and Development Plans for Bakery Operations team members and professional development opportunities for Social Impact team members. This may include, but is not limited to:
- Standard Operation Procedure creation, collection, and organizing
- Review of TWB materials
- Drafting content
- Researching professional development options
- Administrative support for new hires, preparing team member and supplier contracts, and tasks related to termination for contractors and suppliers
- Support Director of Business Management in tracking and filing all appropriate federal and state company filings
- Special Projects as assigned by the Director of Business
- Management, company needs, and interest of the POI
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law.
Required Competencies and Qualifications:
- 2 years or more of university education or work experience in HR/People Operations, business, international development, nonprofit management, or another related field.
- Strong Google platform and Microsoft Offce skills
- Comprehension of TWB tools and processes (training will be provided)
This role offers a unique opportunity to work with a growing dynamic social enterprise team. This is a paid internship that offers:
- An opportunity to pair classroom learning with real international social enterprise experience.
- Participation in community offerings at the Posner Center for International Development.
How to Apply
- Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by close of business Friday, January 21, 2022.