Senior Accounting Assistant
The City of Monrovia is now recruiting for our next Senior Accounting Assistant. This position requires attention to detail and a passion for excellence. The selected individual will need to be able to work in a fast-paced, energetic and exciting community we call Monrovia. Candidates that are highly motivated, results driven and thrive in envisioning new ways to improve services will be successful in this role. If you’re intrigued by this opportunity, you should apply now!
This position will be responsible for a variety of ongoing duties related to accounting operations, and customer service , including, but not limited to:
• Review and process purchase order requisitions and adjustments;
• Review and process accounts payable invoices and accounts receivable billing;
• Perform entry-level accounting functions, such as journal entries and bank reconciliations;
• Assist in the overall budget process and budget book compilation;
• Review and process utility bills for the City’s utility customers;
• Assist in completing financial schedules and performing various financial analyses; and
• Provide and promote excellent customer service to all internal and external customers.
Any combination of education and experience that would provide the required knowledge, abilities and skills is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the qualifications would be:
High School graduation and two (2) years related experience, including proficiency with a variety of computer software programs. AA/AS, bilingual skills, and experience working with diverse groups and ability to exercise cultural sensitivity awareness is desirable.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATE
Possession of a Valid Class C California Driver’s License and a good driving record.