Our approach to business is to start with facts, based in science and our passion is to work towards a better shared future to make a difference in people’s lives, communities and our planet. Our scientists help support that future and we’re looking for an individual that will support the execution of new product development initiatives designed to create the robust pipeline of innovations across categories to meet the short and the long-term priorities of the region. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in a similar role and be eager to be part of the largest beverage company in the world.
What You’ll Do for Us
- Development of lab scale prototypes, producing pilot plans for both beverage-based parts and final products. Prepares beverages and conducts analytical tests on taste and/or odor according to sensory guidelines, including qualifying taste panelists.
- Designs, produces, and evaluates/assesses, through lab testing, a product prototype/sample against technical requirements, fit to concept or performance specifications.
- Provides expertise and recommendations of best practices for production of beverage-based part or finished products during production trials with the plants or bottling partners, which includes consulting line managers as appropriate on milestones and general guidelines and proactively provides advice inside & outside R&D community.
- Performs chemical analyses using instrumental methods in order to determine the composition of samples and prepares samples and sampling plan for ingredients, intermediate or finished products, or other materials in order to perform analyses.
- Designs, develops, conducts and/or reviews experiments in order to deliver new products and evaluates ingredient, product or packaging safety, efficacy or claims; or evaluate new ingredients, materials, products or processes.
- Writes detailed & accurate reports for analyses, experiments or projects. Gathers and organizes information under tight timelines to support senior management's decision-making.
- Participates in team projects, interdepartmental/divisional committees or company-wide initiatives in order to share information, represent the department/division perspective or assist with product development, process modification, package development and marketing.
- Works on product development projects assigned by line manager from idea generation to formula finalization through close discussion and alignment with Technical and Marketing team and all other stakeholders.
- Leverages prior education, suppliers and literature to innovate within scope of briefs provided by other technical experts or supervisor.
- Applies food science knowledge of ingredients, packaging, processing to assure safe and high-quality products.
- Participates in commercialization scale test at manufacturing line with QA and commercialization team if needed.
- Leads project meetings within the category, cross-functionally with marketing, customer management or technical groups. Manages, coaches, and trains students, technicians or junior developers on specific project/tasks
Qualification & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Chemistry or related field is required, Master’s degree is preferred
- Must possess 2-3 years successful experience in product development in the beverage industry
- Basic knowledge of the organic chemistry of essential oils and other flavor compounds that is relevant to Company products along with the basic knowledge and ability to apply flavor manufacturing and the processes used such as distillation, extraction, and blending are needed
- Must possess knowledge of key ingredients used in production of flavors, concentrates and beverage bases
- Must be have moderate knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Knowledge of chromatography data systems is required
- Ability to apply technical knowledge and establish credibility through written reports and verbal presentations with highly technical audiences in order to build technical relationships that will benefit customers, or the Company is needed
- Must possess the ability to recognize and protect proprietary information as it relates to formulas and ingredients.
- Knowledge of project management principles and the ability to apply the principles, tools and techniques to develop/plan, manage or execute projects or work plans to ensure successful completion is ideal
What We Can Do For You
- Purpose Driven: Purpose driven approach that empowers our people to protect the environment and communities we serve while delivering safe & quality products.
- Global Connections: Allows you to develop, enhance and maintain global connections that allow us to move faster and learn from others.
- Community of Belonging: We’re an organization that believes our ability to continually grow and build the right atmosphere where people feel safe and empowered, lets you bring your best self to work.
Leadership; Food Technology; Product Development; Chemistry; Communication; Food Safety and Sanitation; Flavor Application; Laboratory Testing; Beverage Product Development; Project Management; Data Collections; Food Sciences
Our Purpose and Growth Culture:
We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what’s possible and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves. We focus on four key behaviors – curious, empowered, inclusive and agile – and value how we work as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years. Visit Our Purpose and Vision to learn more about these behaviors and how you can bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.