Green Infrastructure Internship - Department of Transportation and Infrastructure
The Department of Transportation and Infrastructure (DOTI), through its employees, enhances the quality of life in Denver by efficiently delivering effective, high quality, safe and equitable public infrastructure and services. For more information, please visit the DOTI website.
DOTI’s Commitment to Equity:
- DOTI is committed to providing attention and resources to the areas, assets and people of the city with the greatest need. Through equitable contracting, equitable investments, and equitable workforce development.
- DOTI’s culture revolves around four key principles: (1) Invest in Our People, (2) Operate with Discipline, (3) Use Data to Drive Decisions, and (4) Deliver Results.
The Wastewater Management Division is seeking a highly motivated Green Infrastructure Intern, that has the ability to adapt easily to change in a fast-moving environment, be client-focused, be impactful and be decisive. Imagine working on rewarding projects within a diverse culture and having access to exceptional training and career development opportunities.
Wastewater Management oversees all aspects of wastewater functions, including the construction, operation, and maintenance of the City’s sanitary and storm systems. The agency implements city wastewater policies, establishes cost controls and fees used to support operational requirements and capital improvements projects, and responds to customer inquiries.
For more information, please visit the Public Works website at http://www.denvergov.org/dpw.
As an intern, you will have the opportunity to experience:
- Inspection of active Green Infrastructure Projects
- Manage material and equipment inventory
- Data collection and interpretation for Green Infrastructure performance
- Assist VEMP crew with trouble shooting problems in the field
- Contribute to the creation of a Standard Operating Procedure
- Use GIS to track and monitor Green Infrastructure maintenance
Our ideal candidate will have/be:
- Current enrollment or recent graduate in a college program leading to a Bachelor’s degree specific Architectural Engineering, Project/Construction Management, Civil engineering, or a related field
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- A self-starter with the capacity to take initiative
- Positive attitude with a strong interest in construction
- Critical thinker with a strong attention to detail
- A successful track record of being dependable, reliable, and focused
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Excel
- Proficient in MS Office Suites
- Exposure to ArcGIS
- Microsoft Office suite – to include Access
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while also being very organized
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education: Current enrollment in an accredited college program leading to a certificate, licensure, associates, bachelor’s, or higher degree in, or a recent graduate (completed specified program within 1 year of completion).
- Experience: None
- Education & Experience Equivalency: No substitution of experience for education is permitted.
- Licensure & Certification: None
Other requested documentation required to be considered for this position:
- Current college transcripts (official or unofficial)