International Policy Development and Research Intern
About this Position:
Village Book Builders is seeking a proactive and detail-oriented individual to join our Human Resource Team. As the International Policy and Research Development Intern, you are essential to furthering Village Book Builders’ mission by working closely with department leaders to research on international policies in the various countries in which we operate and develop effective policies to support the different departments. This position is an unpaid 12-week internship with a 15+ hours per week commitment, with the ability to work from anywhere in the world.
- Research various international policies in the countries in which Village Book Builders hires and operates including work policies, child protection policies etc.
- Staying up to date on any and all related international policies or laws that may impact Village Book Builders policies and procedures
- Liaise and collaborate with department leads to identify and develop any necessary policies or procedures required for each department
- Ensure all necessary policies and procedures are being implemented, ensuring compliance with any federal or international laws (US or international)
- Become a subject matter expert in the assigned VBB department.
- Experience in Human Resources, policy development, research, or related fields.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate and connect across a diverse audience.
Village Book Builders is passionate about giving all children an opportunity to gain an education. We travel around the world to build libraries for small communities, and then we set up mentoring programs to help students one-on-one. By working with our organization, you will be able to help our nonprofit expand and support more children around the world. You will impact many lives and give these children hope for the future.