Senior Project Manager, Facilities Construction Bond Program
As the 5504 Project Manager II, you will report to General Obligation Bond Program DIrector, be a part of the Facilities Division and a district leader in managing discrete and complex projects within the $748 million November 2016 SFUSD General Obligation Bond (G.O. Bond), as well as a subsequent facilities bond, if approved by the voters. You will also manage new school construction projects, including Mission Bay Elementary School, that will require experience and aptitude for multi-disciplinary project planning and scoping, including real estate transactions, environmental review, land use planning, and design development. You will also work on outdoor learning and schoolyard greening projects as part of a developing program. You will deliver projects through a variety of project delivery mechanisms, including typical public sector design-bid-build, as well as design-build or other project delivery mechanisms, as applicable.
We expect our 5504 Project Manager II will:
Demonstrate a Leadership Mindset
- Be proficient in technical aspects of architectural, civil, mechanical, electrical, structural and geotechnical engineering design and specifications, either by education or prior experience;
- Manage with a high degree of autonomy and be able to expertly describe the financing, estimating and budgeting for complex capital projects in their workload, including planning and estimating, calculating overhead, design and construction costs;
- Have working knowledge of various funding sources and restrictions; legal requirements for City projects; regulations and regulatory agencies and commissions affecting planning, zoning, design and construction; and construction management techniques and practices.
Manage to Results
- Assemble design packages from pre development through final bid;
- Manage full capital project delivery life cycle, including design, bid, construction, and closeout.
- Have experience in public project contracting, including typical public works contracting and design-bid-build project delivery;
- Schedule and budget complex capital projects; develop and enforce work statements; monitor, review and revise job orders, schedules and budgets;
- Monitor and track project progress and expenditures and implement cost controls; use computer based project management systems;
- Use software programs including GSuite and Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)