Policy Communications Specialist
Summary: Research, analyze, and interpret all government regulations, legislations, and communications to develop and implement appropriate policies and actions.
This role is primarily on-site in Columbia, South Carolina.
The work hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 5 PM.
What You'll Do:
- Update system edits, audits, policies, procedures, and communications according to data analysis and customer or regulatory requirements.
- Train and educate internal staff and external customers on updates and changes as required.
- Respond to national and local inquiries and questionnaires regarding government regulation-related issues.
To Qualify for This Position, You'll Need:
- Bachelor's Degree OR four years of experience in government insurance programs, interpreting government regulations, interpretive writing, developing marketing or sales communications, research, and analysis, legal, or audit/compliance.
- Experience interpreting government regulations, interpretive writing, developing marketing or sales communications, research and analysis, OR one year of experience in government insurance programs, legal, or audit compliance.
We prefer that you have:
- Enthusiastic reader, excellent writing, and communication, up to date with legislative at state and federal. Keeping up with the news, understanding how it applies to health care, etc.
- Preferred education - Political Science Major
- One year of experience in government insurance programs, legal, or audit compliance.
What to Expect Next:
After submitting your application, our recruiting team members will review your resume to ensure you meet the qualifications. This may include a brief telephone interview or email communication with our recruiter to verify resume specifics and salary requirements. Management will be conducting interviews with those candidates who qualify, with prioritization given to those candidates who demonstrate the preferred qualifications.