The Finance Administrator provides administrative, clerical, and finance support to the Finance team. Responsible for examining, coding, verifying, balancing and reconciling a variety of transactions, listings, invoices, vouchers, and reports as related to finance and program control.
This position has the ability to be partially remote.
- Tracks weekly status of all Accounts Payables and ensures payments to vendors and subcontractors.
- Tracks weekly status of all Accounts Receivable and notes any discrepancies or issues. Includes monitoring of subsidiary bank accounts and CostPoint reports.
- Weekly Accounts Payable pay/ hold report
- Weekly Cash Flow Model
- Monthly sales and use tax calculations and reports
- Prepares, reviews and submits check requests.
- Organizes and prioritizes large volumes of information. Needs attention to detail for filing.
- Interfaces with: Operations, Program Control Management, Chenega Corporate.
- Possession of a High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of two (2) years of responsible finance, contracts, and/or administrative experience.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Must possess and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
- Required to adhere to all government agency guidelines as it applies to COVID vaccine Attestation/Restrictions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of standard office and administrative practices and procedures including business letter writing, records management, report preparation, and filing methods, correct English usage, including spelling, grammar, punctuation and vocabulary; modern office methods, equipment and procedures.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills, be very detail oriented, have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to provide varied technical and administrative assistance; use initiative and sound judgment within established guidelines; organize, coordinate, and prioritize a variety of assignments with varying deadlines; work effectively under pressure with frequent interruptions; handle difficult, confidential and sensitive assignments; organize and maintain a variety of confidential records, reports and files
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Skill in operating a personal computer and standard office equipment.
- Must have proficiency in a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, (MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint), and Outlook.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason. even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Prioritize and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
- Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management and peers.
- Systems proficiency with Deltek CostPoint, ReportNet and ORAA highly desired.