Transportation Manager / Operations Management Training (OMT) Program
This posting is for our next Operations Management Training (OMT) Program class for the Transportation Manager position that will start on September 12th, 2022.
We are seeking results-oriented and dedicated individuals to lead our organization into the future!
As a Transportation Manager in the Operations Management Training (OMT) program, you will gain experience in transportation operations and the skills to lead a team! Once training is complete, you will be assigned to a work location where you will lead crews and handle safe, timely transportation of freight trains. We are powered by our people, will you join our team?
- Starting salary: $71,000*
- End of Core Training: $3,500 increase**
- At assignment: $83,700*
*Based on skills and experience. Assignment made upon completion of the training program. **Salary increase may vary based on performance, training, and assignment schedule.
- Run the safety plan for an assigned territory
- Lead the terminal transportation plan to ensure business objectives are met on time and within budget
- Handle train service expenses within assigned budgetary limits, including workforce management
- Coordinate and plan daily activities with various internal departments to ensure fluidity
- Interact with executives and other leadership on a regular basis to address critical business needs
- Coach, develop and train employees
- Implement corrective action plans as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Advanced analytical skills
- Advanced problem solving skills
- GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Ability to read and understand all instructions including operating and safety rules, bulletins, special instructions, and federal regulatory documents
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills to deliver information to coworker(s) and supervisor(s)
- Valid driver's license
- A Bachelor's degree or will you have a bachelor's degree by September 2022
- A Bachelor's degree in Business, Management, Logistics, or Supply Chain Management
- Experience in an operations or safety sensitive position such as industrial operations, heavy machinery, transportation, manufacturing, railroad, farming, or military
- Experience working outdoors in variable weather conditions (consider professional, personal, and volunteer experience)
- At least one year experience in a leadership role
- At least one year experience in transportation field operations
- Must be able to detect and interpret different visual color signals and displays, and identify and determine the speed of moving objects at near or far distances
- Must have normal color vision
- Must be willing to relocate
- Work Conditions: Job assignments will include working 12 hour shifts, nights, weekends, holidays and working on call
- 18 years of age or older
- Authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Agree to wear personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety boots, hard hats, and hearing protection where the company requires
- Willingness to practice safe work habits
- In the past 36 months, and in connection with the operating of a motor vehicle, you must not have had any of the following: (1) the suspension, revocation, cancellation, or denial of your driver's license in an incident involving drugs or alcohol; (2) your participation in diversion or probation, or a guilty plea, in a drug or alcohol-related driving incident; OR (3) you refused to take a drug or alcohol test
- Must not have interviewed for this position within the last two years This excludes on-campus interviews.
- Benefit information can be found under the Benefits section on up.jobs (https://up.jobs/why/benefits/index.htm)