Engineering Associate I #204324
Position Summary & Responsibilities:
- This Engineering Associate position is in Independence, Kansas. Successful candidates may be appointed at a higher-level dependent upon experience and qualifications.
- Learn and experience the features involved of building major projects in the field by becoming a vital member of an Area Construction Office.
Job Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
The Engineering Associate (EA) is assigned to an Area Engineer’s office and receives on-the job training consisting of construction inspection, and district and area offices orientation. The employee performs such duties as surveying, staking right-of-way, checking computations, calculating final pay quantities on construction projects, and inspection of work performed by contractors by reviewing construction and applicable specifications.
- Graduate from an ABET (Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology) accredited engineering school.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- Civil Engineering
- Fundamentals in Engineering (FE) or EIT Certificate obtained
- This position is subject to pre-employment physical testing. The selected candidate will be required to pass the screening as a condition of employment.
- Kansas Tax Clearance Certificate required in accordance with Executive Order 2004-03. Each applicant (even non-residents) who is selected for a State of Kansas job vacancy must apply for a Tax Clearance Certificate within 10 days from the date of the offer letter by accessing the Kansas Department of Revenue's (KDOR) website at https://www.kdor.ks.gov/apps/taxclearance/Status.aspx.
- If you need assistance with the tax clearance, please contact KDOR at (785)296-3199 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org