This is a Full-Time 40 Hours Weekly position with the Department of Social Services, Division of Medical Services. For more information on the Department of Social Services, Division of Medical Services, please visit https://dss.sd.gov/.
The State of South Dakota Department of Social Services, Division of Medical Services, is looking for a motivated and skilled individual to fill our Business Analyst position. The Division of Medical Services strives to make a significant impact in the lives of the citizens of South Dakota. The desired candidate will possess a commitment to service, rigorous attention to detail, and the ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
This position will supervise a team of staff to organize, implement, and deliver technology innovations within the Medicaid Program. This position will work with several departments within the Department of Social Services and a variety of contractors to accomplish systems maintenance and improvement. This position strives to find new ways to maintain and improve the claims processing of the South Dakota Medicaid system.
- represent the needs of Medical Services to technical planning groups in IT;
- research solutions to claims issues;
- analyzing data;
- develop communication to both internal and external consumers;
- prioritize initiatives based on business needs and requirements;
- coordinates training activities relative to IT changes;
- make recommendations based on provider and stakeholder input;
- coordinate provider and user test activities;
- assess federal and state mandates and coordinate efforts of compliance;
- review processes and workflow procedures to identify areas of inefficiencies and to affect change;
- review internal documents and policies to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations; ensure best practices and efficiencies, and to coordinate efforts for change.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- the ability to work cohesively in a team environment and collaborate well with others;
- experience with coordinating and developing training for staff and stakeholders;
- the ability to demonstrate project management;
- experience in healthcare administration and public relations or similar experience;
- a bachelor's degree is preferred but not necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- effective written and verbal communication skills;
- systems development and management;
- management practices;
- principles and theories of program planning, organization, direction, interpretation, and management of information technology support requirements;
- IT strategy development;
- work well in a collaborative environment;
- interact in a team environment and facilitate project management;
- develop relationships to understand customer needs and manage changes in customer needs and expectations;
- understand the structure, function, and objectives of the division and use it to communicate effectively;
- troubleshoot IT issues including those arising from claims payment and implementation of new systems;
- manage stakeholder and IT expectations effectively;
- communicate information clearly and concisely.
This position is exempt from the Civil Service Act.
This position is eligible for Veterans’ Preference per ARSD 55:10:02:08.
The State of South Dakota does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9. The State of South Dakota as an employer will be using E-Verify to complete employment eligibility verification upon hire.
The State of South Dakota offers employer paid health insurance plus eleven paid holidays, generous vacation and sick leave accrual, dental, vision, and other insurance options, and retirement benefits. You can view our benefits information at https://bhr.sd.gov/job-seekers/work-for-state-government/. This position is a member of Class A retirement under SDRS.