Part time Administrative Support Assistant - Community Planning and Development
Note: This is an on-call (part-time) position which will work no more than 39 hours per week and is not eligible for benefits. You can expect that this position specifically will be 30-39 hours a week, and the work will be performed fully in person (no remote). Work schedule/hours can be flexible, as long as your schedule is consistent and agreed upon with your supervisor. Students and entry level candidates are encouraged to apply!
Are you looking for an part time, entry level position that allows you to be a part of a very important project that will make our City a better place? Are you looking for a great opportunity to gain experience and get your foot in the door at the City, which offers amazing development and growth opportunities to all employees? This may be the role for YOU!
At Community Planning and Development, we envision, enable, and ensure a better Denver. Denver's Community Planning and Development Department is responsible for visionary city planning and ensuring safe, responsible, sustainable building. CPD regulates planning, zoning, development, and maintenance of private property in Denver. We're working hard to make Denver a great place to live, work and play! Visit www.denvergov.org/CPD.
The City and County of Denver’s Community Planning and Development Department (CPD) is recruiting for a part-time Administrative Support Assistant to join our Commercial Zoning team. In this position, you will be part of a very important project helping CPD digitize our zoning records to make them available online to all of our residents.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining files or record systems, updating, and purging files according to procedures, and categorizing information for filing
- Validating and categorizing digital files for uploading into a digital repository
- Filing hard-copy paper plans and permits in the appropriate paper zoning records
- Conducting quality control reviews of previously scanned paper zoning records into Accela
- Assisting with the physical reorganization of paper records to prepare for future digitization
- Scanning paper files
- Preparation of files to be shipped for digitization and reconciliation of files when they return from vendor; Other duties as assigned
Our ideal candidate will have some or all of the following:
- Strong attention to detail; highly organized
- Adaptable and has flexibility to jump back and forth between tasks
- Problem solver; solution oriented
- Hard working and self-motivated
- Works well independently but also is a team player; positive attitude and motivated to help others
- Enjoys repetitive, task oriented work
- Productivity focused
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education requirement: Graduation from high school or the possession of a GED, HiSET or TASC Certificate
- Experience Requirement: One (1) year of clerical experience
- Education/Experience Equivalency: Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirement