Pathways Recent Graduate Policy and Systems Analyst
Successful Recent Graduate Policy and Systems Analyst applicants are placed in a dynamic, one-year development program with the potential for a civil service career at the RRB following the completion of the program. The Recent Graduate Policy and Systems Analyst program is open to individuals who have recently graduated from qualifying educational institutions or programs. Additional eligibility and program requirements can be found on the USAJobs.gov job announcement and interested candidates must apply through the USAJobs.gov website at this link: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/678532300.
Specific responsibilities of a Pathways Recent Graduate Policy and Systems Analyst include:
- Develop system specifications for modification to existing systems (mainframe, personal computer (PC), or web-based applications) based on technical and/or claims adjudication knowledge, pertinent legislation, regulations, policies, and program requirements.
- Participate in the design of new mainframe, PC, and web-based systems and applications.
- Work with contractors or vendors in the development, revision and testing of mainframe, PC and web-based systems and applications.
- Conduct reviews of case processing, methods, policy and procedures to improve the operation and efficiency of the program.
- Prepare reports on proposals, studies or projects and respond to other audits or reports from both internal and external individuals and organizations.
- Develop, update, and write operating procedures, instructional materials, regulations, forms, letters, etc.
- May serve as project lead, project team or focus group team member, or representative.
- May conduct training, explain new or revised procedures, explain new or revised systems or applications, and participate in the development of training material.