Examiner (Recent Graduate)
This announcement is for Compliance Examiner openings in the West and Midwest Regions. These career-ladder positions are located within the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), Office of Supervision Examinations. The function of the office is to conduct consumer protection supervision and examinations at a wide variety of depository financial institutions and non-depository financial services. You will rotate through the Bureau's examinations and supervisory activities under a designed development plan to gain exposure to, and participate in, depository financial institutions' and non-depository consumer financial services companies' (regulated entities) examination and supervision activities and programs.
The duties of the position require you to work on-site at regulated entities in order to conduct supervisory activities. This on-site work generally includes, but is not limited to: accessing, testing and or reviewing entity work materials, transactions, and systems that are not portable or available offsite; interviewing entity personnel; observing entity operations and transactions; and conducting meetings with entity senior leadership. The following are duties at the full performance level of this position, CN-52 (equivalent to the GS-12 level). If you are selected at a lower level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Develop and implement supervision strategies for regulated entities being examined.
- Evaluate adequacy of Board and/or management oversight of the compliance program.
- Evaluate adequacy of the regulated entity's compliance program, including policies, procedures, controls, staff expertise and training.
- Assess risk and prepare Risk Profile of the entity and affiliates.
- Examine the entity's audit procedures, including resource materials.
When not on-site conducting examinations, you will perform work from your duty location. You will be duty-stationed at your home address and affiliated with a CFPB Supervision Region for reporting purposes. You must travel to a satellite office when required.