This position is in the Office of Research and Development, Center for Environmental Solutions and Emergency Response, Land Remediation and Technology Division, Contamination Analysis and Innovative Solutions Branch. If selected, you must work at the location stated in this announcement.
About the Office of Research and Development.
At the entry level of this position, you will:
- Plan, execute, and analyze computer modeling experiments related to the impacts on groundwater from the degradation of above-ground and underground storage tanks as a member of one or more research teams within the larger framework of Office of Research and Development (ORD) research projects;
- Develop, modify, validate, and apply methods to assess experimental endpoints;
- Provide technical assistance, training and advice;
- Develop, implement and adhere to Laboratory, health and safety, quality assurance and other system requirements;
- Serve as Contracting Officer’s Representative, Project Officer, or similar as required for extramural contracts, cooperative agreements, Cooperative Research and Development Agreements (CRADAs), or related vehicles in support of ORD research.
When entering a Federal job at a grade level lower than the highest promotion potential level, you may be promoted to more complex duties and work more independently, as your career progresses.
See the USAJOBS application for details on required eligibility and qualifications.