Lead HR Specialist
- Accepting applications
Open & closing dates
- 03/14/2023 to 03/29/2023
$98,496 - $128,043 per year
Pay scale & grade
- GS 13
- 2 vacancies in the following locations:
- Fort Worth
- Herndon, VA
- Yes—as determined by the agency policy.
- Occasional travel - On occasion, especially during times of substantial disaster activity, you may be required to work overtime and/or travel with little or no advance notice.
Relocation expenses reimbursed
- Permanent -
- Full-time -
As a Lead HR Specialist (Recruitment & Placement) at the GS-0201-13, some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Advising leadership and employees on staffing and recruitment and placement issues.
- Performing, and leading a team performing, a full range of staffing and recruitment and placement activities for a wide range of positions in the competitive and excepted service, including filling positions, making qualification and veteran preference determinations, and coding and reviewing various personnel actions (SF 52s) for employees.
- Making assignments to team members with deadlines and time frames for completion. Balancing workload among employees in accordance with skill levels.
- Performing quality assurance activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and compliance of work performed.
- Training others through formal or informal methods; identifying training needs; providing advice and coaching on work methods, best practices, and procedures.
- Responding to complaints and inquiries regarding the application and rating process from various stakeholders.
- Advising management on recruitment and placement activities and strategies to meet their needs and objectives.
- Mandatory Overtime: In order to respond quickly and efficiently to disaster survivors, substantial compensated overtime hours may be required during heightened disaster activity.
- This position is not included in a bargaining unit.
- By applying for this position with SBA's Office Of Capital Access (OCA), you can enjoy challenging but satisfying work and join a highly motivated and diverse team that helps families and businesses rebuild their lives after a disaster.
- Current Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Delegated Examining (DE) certification required.
- The salary will be based on the location of the employee's Duty Station.
- Additional selections may be made from this announcement if identical vacancies occur within 180 days from the closing date.
Conditions of Employment
You must be a U.S. Citizen You must successfully complete a background investigation. You may be required to serve a one-year probationary period. You may be required to serve a one year supervisory probationary period. This is not a bargaining unit position. You must be able to obtain and maintain a Government travel credit card. Credit Score must be at least 500.You must meet time-in-grade requirements by the closing date, if applicable. Mandatory Overtime: In order to respond quickly and efficiently to disaster survivors, substantial compensated overtime hours may be required while on assignment (up to seven days a week and ten to fourteen hours a day).
Generally, time in Non-Pay status is not creditable towards the specialized experience requirement listed below. Federal status applicants must meet both Time-In-Grade AND experience requirements by the closing date of this announcement. However, if you have separated from the Federal Government for at least 52 weeks, you are not subject to the Time-in-Grade requirement.
GS-13: Must have held grade GS-12 for 52 weeks
Experience: To receive credit, you must indicate the month and year as well as the average hours worked per week for each employer. Average work hours must be stated on the resume to quantify each period of work experience or that experience will not be credited toward meeting the specialized experience requirement.
You must address the specific specialized experience required for each grade level of this position on your resume or application or you will be rated "Ineligible" for that grade level.
GS-13: To qualify you must have at least 1 full year (52 weeks) of specialized experience equivalent in difficulty and complexity to the GS-12 level in the Federal service that has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skill, and ability to perform successfully in this position. This experience may have been gained in a Non-Federal service position. In addition, this Specialized Experience must demonstrate the following:
- Filling a variety of positions by performing the following functions: performing/preparing job analyses, preparing job opportunity announcements, making eligibility determinations for merit promotion announcements and delegated examining procedures.
- Reviewing applications for positions and making qualification and veterans preference determinations.
- Preparing or reviewing a wide variety of personnel actions such as promotion, reassignment, appointment etc., and ensuring accuracy of information and compliance with applicable regulations and guidelines.
- Leading or supervising human resources projects, or a team of human resources staff members.
- Providing staffing and recruitment guidance and information to senior managers, supervisors, employees and applicants; AND
- Performing quality reviews on various human resources documents and processes to ensure accuracy, completeness, and compliance with applicable regulations. (i.e., Merit Promotion/Delegated Examining announcements, Standard Forms 52 and 50, ranking lists/certificate of eligibles, qualifications, etc.)
GS-13: There is no educational substitution at this grade level.
Qualification Standards: Human Resources Management Series 0201 (opm.gov)