DOE Science, Technology and Policy Opportunity - Office of Technology Transitions (OTT)
DOE Science, Technology and Policy Opportunity - Office of Technology Transitions (OTT) Apply Today!
*Application Deadline: March 31, 2023, 3:00PM Eastern Standard Time*
The mission of Office of Technology Transitions (OTT) is to expand the commercial impact of the research investments of the DOE and to focus on commercializing technologies that support the missions of the Department, including reducing greenhouse gas emissions and other pollutants. OTT provides the necessary coordination, oversight, and funding programs to facilitate the commercialization of impactful energy technologies throughout the Department. OTT works closely with the Department’s numerous energy technology offices as well as a range of private organizations relevant to commercialization (business incubators, large corporations, investors, national labs, etc.) to develop and implement activities that increase the number of innovative and impactful energy technologies transitioning to the marketplace. These activities expand the commercial impact of DOE’s research, enhance the economic growth of the US, and improve the health of the planet. Read more: https://www.energy.gov/technologytransitions/office-technology-transitions
What will I be doing? With guidance from a mentor, you may have an opportunity to:
- Deepen your understanding of clean energy technologies and markets both through direct engagement as well as through attendance at various brown bags, briefings, or other meetings.
- Support the development of new programs leveraging prize and other funding mechanisms to maximize the positive commercial outcomes of OTT’s budget.
- Collaborate with numerous technical leads from multiple DOE technology offices to facilitate policy and program execution, identifying ways OTT can address challenges, fill gaps, and facilitate efficient and effective policy and program execution.
- Participate in expert, external reviews of funding applications and help develop selection recommendations to office leadership.
- Collaborate on the development of white papers on various energy technology commercialization-related topics.
- Prepare and present briefings to upper management, external offices, or Congressional staff.
- Develop analysis projects related to tracking the commercialization impacts of OTT and other commercialization programming within DOE.
- Contribute to OTT’s efforts to advance diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility (DEIA) across its efforts and programs.
- Participate in various energy technology commercialization conferences and workshops.
- Propose new initiatives or program improvements to enhance office decision-making or otherwise advance the OTT mission of energy technology commercialization.
Why should I apply? Throughout the appointment, you will develop a broad understanding of the energy industry, the technical needs and opportunities for energy technologies, and the commercialization impacts of various program, policy, and regulatory decisions. You will have an opportunity to collaborate with experts at the DOE, national labs, and industry leaders across the energy value chain to help analyze and overcome key commercialization barriers to various energy technologies. You will help shape the OTT's agenda and enable collaborations across the Commercialization Programs, Technology Transfer Policy, and Market Analysis teams. You will also support the development of the OTT's strategic plan and other programmatic activities.
The details: You must be a U.S. Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident and completed a bachelor's, master's, or doctoral degree.
Questions? Email DOE-RPP@orise.orau.gov. Please list the reference code [DOE-STP-OTT-2301] for this opportunity in the subject line of your email.